Highly Qualified Personnel Training
iRSM provides several opportunities for clinical and research placements. Through these placements, we have grown an international base for training opportunities in the following areas:
- Postdoctoral fellowships: These fellowships are open to qualified candidates who are within 5 years of completing a doctoral degree. Fellows must work under the supervision of an iRSM-affiliated researcher.
- Engineering co-op placements: Open to students interested in a co-op placement at the Institute for Reconstructive Sciences in Medicine. Areas of focus include Head & Neck Reconstruction, Oral Rehabilitation (Speech, Swallowing, Chewing), Biomechanics, Implant Technology, Computer Modeling, Surgical Design and Simulation, and Mechanical Instrumentation. Preference will be given to students registered in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Alberta.
- Visiting scientists: Open to scientists with a clinical or research degree, who have a special interest in research that involves head and neck reconstruction or rehabilitation. Visiting scientists must work under the supervision of an iRSM-affiliated researcher.
- Visiting clinicians: Observerships are available for clinicians and trainees who specialize in reconstruction or rehabilitation of the head and neck structures. Visiting clinicians and trainees must work under the supervision of an iRSM-affiliated clinician.
- University of Alberta clinical and research student placements: These training opportunities are for students from the faculties of Rehabilitation Medicine, Medicine and Dentistry, Engineering, Art & Design. Students are placed to complete clinical practica, as well as capstone and research projects. Students must work under the supervision of an iRSM-affiliated clinician or researcher.
1W-02, 16940-87 Ave
Canada T5R 4H5